White Paper: 5G Changes the Calculus for Wholesale Backhaul
Wholesale and open-access business models for fibre and network-infrastructure providers are not new. However, in recent years despite the arrival of various new competitive fibre owners, there has been only limited emphasis on delivering newer and more innovative models for wholesale backhaul.
The arrival of 5G disrupts the historical status quo for a number of reasons:
In other words, 5G will open up a whole new world of opportunities for wholesale backhaul. To learn more, download our white paper.
- 5G radio access networks (RANs) have different technical requirements
- New 5G-enabled business models and use-cases
- Greater uncertainty about 5G’s deployment and usage patterns
- New classes of players entering the market
- Regulators and policymakers are starting to recognize the need for richer options for mobile backhaul